The Baptism Of The Holy Spirit
Why Desire The Baptism Of The Spirit Or Why Pray In Other Tongues?
[Excerpts From "Why Pray In Other Tongues?" In 'School of The Bible, SOB' By Paul E. Momoh]
It is divine empowerment for:
(1) Praying deeply in wisdom and doing so accurately with strange knowledge (or insight) concerning the prayer-subject
(1 Cor 14:2; 2:7, 16). Surprisingly, you get to know the past, present, and future of your life. Life's meaning and purpose. The more deeply you pray this way over time and with the benefit of its spiritual growth, you gain incredible hindsight, insight, and foresight.
(2) Praying longer and thoroughly on issues and delivering amazing outcomes in signs and wonders (Rom 8:26).
(3) Praying while being both refreshed in His presence and anointed by the Spirit 1 Cor 14:4).
(4) Praying while your faith is being stirred up and built up on your most holy faith and growing in love (Jude 20-21; Rom 5: 5).
(5) Praying in words that the devil cannot know or understand, because he cannot receive the things of the Spirit. The tongues inspired by the Holy Spirit are only spiritually discerned through the Holy Spirit (1 Cor 2:13-14).
(6) Praying with joy and seeing visions and revelations for yourself and for those you minister to (Phil 1:3-4).
(7) Praying with thanksgiving perfectly well, singing in the Spirit and prophesying with amazing results (1 Cor 14:17).
(8) Praying and being able to access interpretation of tongues – another gift of the Spirit. The gift of tongues and the gift of interpretation of tongues (when coveted and utilized) produces prophecies of unique manifestations (1 Cor 14:15).
(9) Regularly praying in tongues uses the Word of God within you to renew your spirit, sharpen your intellect, heal secret or inner wounds of your soul, and is a healing tonic for your physical and mental health (Prov. 4:20-22).
(10) “A sign to them that believe not” (1 Cor 14:22): when you pray in tongues while being confronted by an attacker/unbeliever, the presence of God with you causes them to fear and flee; a sign to them that God (the greater One) is with you to deliver you and honour you (Psalm 91:14-15)!
For more help with this, you can email me below or attend a couple sessions of the Online Edition of the School of the Bible, SOB. Book free at faithrevival.org.Email: frenministries at gmail.com (replace at with @)
Otherwise, you may also attend any of our forthcoming conferences or Services. The ministry-team will be quite happy to minister to you during the prayer line at the end of the meeting, if you request for it.